Let's talk water chemistry
- My pool will not hold chlorine. Why?
- Why is my pool green?
- How to Lower Alkalinity in a Pool
- Why are there white flakes in my pool?
- What is black algae (cyanobacteria)?
Master our App and The Orenda Calculator™
- How to use the Orenda Calculator™
- Can I share or save chemistry results in the Orenda App?
- What do the colors mean on the Orenda App LSI Calculator?
- I found an error (bug) with the Orenda App. What should I do?
- Why are the LSI and dosing results different in the Orenda Calculator™ compared to other apps?
Learn more about each of our products
- Where can I buy Orenda products?
- How to use SC-1000
- How to use CV-600 and CV-700
- After using PR-10,000, when is it safe to swim?
- How much of each Orenda product do I need in my pool?
Learn about commonly-used swimming pool chemicals
- What is a chlorine shock?
- What is bromine?
- How to lower pH and raise alkalinity in one pool visit
- What are the differences between Sodium Bicarbonate and Soda Ash?
- Three 100% reliable tests for metals, cyanuric acid, and phosphates
Pool Circulation and Filtration
Pool equipment and how it works
- What causes cloudy pool water?
- Do I have to backwash or clean my filter after using PR-10,000?
- What is filter channeling?
- How important is circulation during a pool startup?
- I've got small air bubbles flowing into my pool through the returns. Why?
How to fill up a pool the Orenda way
- What is the Orenda Startup™?
- When can I swim in a new pool for the first time?
- When can a pool heater be turned on during the Orenda Startup?
- What do hydration and carbonation mean?
- What is calcium hydroxide?
Common questions about our certification programs
- What is the Orenda Philosophy?
- Why does Orenda's advice often conflict with industry standards, textbooks and pool stores?